Friday 2 September 2011

Course Reccie and NEW SHOES

My phone's been busted most of the week, so as I was dropping a mate off in town, I figured I'd be as well swinging past Tiso's to check if they had my shoes in yet, or at least to give them my home number to call when they did turn up, and lo and behold! They were there! So after double & triple checking the fit, I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Inov8 Road X 255's! Trying them out in the shop, I was actually excited!

So then it was back up the road, change and away out to Strathclyde Park for a wee reccie. Now, I've raced on this course twice before, but considering the improvements in my cycling (in my head at least!) I felt a couple of laps was a worthy use of my time and it also gave me a chance to try out kit in cool & damp weather conditions to see if I'd chill or overheat. One warm up lap with longsleeve on over sleeveless top & armwarmers was too hot, one race pace lap without the longsleeve was OK. I also nailed the lap in around 10 minutes, so I'm feeling the pace for Sunday and I've got a better idea of what gear I need to be in and where.

After that it was a cheeky wee 5 minute run with my new shoes, and they feel good I tell you, though with the minimal sole, I'll take my time to adapt to them, so won't be racing in them just yet.

The rest of tonight is now about ice of my calves & chilling out.

Today's blog was brough to you with the strains of Stagnant from the album Terria by Devin Townsend. I heard it described by him in an interview as his heavy metal tribute to mother earth, but don't let the heavy metal bit put you off, its so much more than that. To me its a celebration of the world around us & helps me look up at the sky and around me at the scenery with a little bit more awe and wonder in my mind. Magnificent accompanyment for driving in the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment