Wednesday 7 September 2011

Style Transition

As I've said before, I'm aiming for a forefoot strike running style & heading towards minimalist shoes, so tonight, with that miserable weather out there, I really couldn't be gassed dragging myself all the way out to Loch Lomond, so instead went for a short shoe break in / style change run. From my window I could see the massive big cloud rolling in, but I figured if I waited to see if there was another gap at the back of that, I'd never go out, so on with the jacket & off I went.

To get a snug fit, I'm currently running with an extra pair of insoles in, but these shoes are pretty light, so my feet were feeling fast and responsive, though I managed to peg myself back to a gentler run than normal for me, with a brief faster paced run round the pond on my way. For anyone that's really bored, my Garmin data is here.

Thats around about when the rain started to properly set in as the great big cloud I saw early caught up with me. I ran on for a little longer, trying out a few different surfaces in the shoes, including grass (my feet felt so responsive there) and a wee red blaze pitch they've got in the park, but my calves were starting to tighten up again with the pressure I was putting on them, and the cold was stripping more heat from them, so for once I took the advice and called it a day with a gentle run back to the flat to stretch off. Job done.

The shoes feel good though, and more importatnly, the combination of them and my changing style just feels right. I feel like there will be progression in my running over the coming months and this excites me!

Today's blog was brought to you by The Great Below by Nine Inch Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment