Monday 7 May 2012

Birthday Ride

Yay! Its my birthday! So what did I do? Took the day off work and went for a ride of course!

Thanks to Alan, Christine and Liz for the company. Out of Springburn, we took in the Tak, round Carron Ressie and over the Crow from the Fintry side. The presence of Alan did mean that we started off at a higher pace than normal for me, which is good to do, and we were at the foot of the Tak a good bit quicker than I would've got there by myself, so then it was up the Tak.

Ah. the Tak Ma Doon road. What can I say about you?
Pain. Nausea. More Pain. Strange burning sensation in my quads. Some more pain. Blessed relief turning to delight at being at the park. Now rest & enjoy the view.

The ride from the top round to the Crow was quite enjoyable, seeing how as it was a significant net loss in height.

Next up was the Crow, I hill I'm coming to actually enjoy going up! For the long drags, its just a case of getting the head down & keeping going, which I am getting better at. Even with a stop to put a buff round my forehead to stop the sweat streaming into my eyes (stingy)(also, I had too many layers on & sweated like a beast throughout), I posted a time 5 minutes faster up the climb that when I did it mid April.

If the up was good, the down was awesome. WIth lots of downhill to get the speed up, I dropped into the steep section towards the car park and topped out at 76.7 km/hr WOOSHT!

Sadly though, the Tak and Crow had taken their toll on my quads, and my pace just dropped off from there on out, particularly anytime a significant incline was reached. We headed along to Strathblane, then along the back roads into Bearsden, where I turned off up to Dobies. One short hill and my legs almost packed in however, so I had to stop, take a breather & eat a banana before heading for home. Busted when I got here, I still popped on the shoes and went for a short run to loosen things off however!

Good way to spend the morning / afternoon of my birthday :)

This blog is brought to you by:
The Star Wars Theme
Dethklok Birthday Dethday

No comments:

Post a Comment