Wednesday 27 June 2012

Atmospheric Loch Lomond

Its days like today when I regret not carrying a camera in my car, and also not thinking to use the guff one on my phone, as Loch Lomond was pretty awesome tonight. Low clouds obscured the surrounding hills, the heavy rain of the previous days held off and there was barely a whisper of wind, so as I entered the water the level was up and the water was much clearer than normal yet not as cold as feared. The surface was the stillest I've seen as I started to swim out to the start of the loop and given that there were so few of us in the loch at that time, and the lack of no boat movement, it remained so.

Swimming out the front of the group it almost felt like I was alone in the loch. The diffused light through the low clouds added a sense of dislocation from the world that I'd left behind when I headed out of the office earlier in the afternoon.

Glorious.

It looked something like this by the way.

Tonight's blog is brought to you by:
The Corries - Loch Lomond

No comments:

Post a Comment