Thursday 14 June 2012

Better Spirits

So after the concern regarding my knee, I've bounced back into better spirits.

Firstly, there was the bike fit, using a camera and strategically placed LEDs to track the movements of my joints - raising the seat by 20mm, sliding it back a further 20mm then reducing my stem from 110 to 90 and sliding the cleats backwards have put me into a more neutral position on the bike, and should allow my leg to extend properly on the downstroke. I've yet to get out and cycle in this new position, but I have high hopes for Saturday's ride.

Next came the Loch Lomond swim - I swam out to the start point and looked back to see most people faffing around in the shallows, so took off on my swim accompanied by Cameron, who was as equally unwilling to wait around for the groups of people to catch up then hang around talking in teh cold water rather than swimming. Over the following three laps, the waits at each point of the triangle got shorter and shorter, which was exactly what I was after, so I could get a better feel for how I would be continuous swimming, and it felt very good I tell you. Few wee niggles here and there, and fiddling with my suit a bit, but generally, no reason I can't do the swim in Roth.

Then tonight there was the 2:30 run. Starting in Yorkhill, Jo & myself headed out along the old rail way line towards Erskine bridge; relatively flat, relatively steady pace, relatively comfortable. I struggled a bit towards the end as I think I hadn't fuelled quite enough, but very happy all in all!

I'm back in the water tomorrow, then the final test comes Saturday when I see how my legs feel on the bike, but I'm feeling quietly confident about it. Bring on Sheihalion.


Tonight's blog is brought to you by:
The Great Deceiver - The Heel On The Throat Of The Young
At The Gates - Wacken 2008 (I was there, it was fucking awesome!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment