Tuesday 25 October 2011

Hope in my Swimming

Thanks to the last few weeks of technique work, I feel like there is big improvements coming in my stroke - the power is there and my arm positioning feels like its moving towards what the coaches are telling me. The big limiting factor for me still however is my breathing. When I'm relaxed and streamlined & tall in the water, I can comfortably do a 4 stroke breathing pattern, but as soon as I tense up or get a little bit agitated, I just seize up and feel like my breath is catching in my throat, which obviously just makes things worse. But there were a few lengths today when I stayed relaxed & it felt like I could power through the lane & just keep going. It felt good.

One thing I found today that will help that is Vikky told me not to let my right elbow drop so much (when I roll onto my right side to breathe out the left, my right arm just plunges down). In focusing on keeping that elbow up & engaging the muscles properly, it didn't plunge & started to feel like it was more stable in the water.

Today's post is brought to you by the headliners of yesterdays gig, envy, with Thousand Scars

No comments:

Post a Comment