Sunday 22 January 2012

Break from the Studying

The sun was shining & I was getting cabin fever, so there was only 1 option - get out & run!
Jumping in the car I headed up to the carpark up behind Lennoxtown, put on the Mudclaw's and away I went.
The wind was behind me on the first climb, but I started out too fast & was quickly blowing hard. I suspected I was just showing off for the punters slowly trudging up the slope.


Anyways, I hauled myself up, splashing away through the mud, still revelling in the grip my MCs give me, topping out at the first cairn in reasonable time.
Being up there I was into much more rolling territory without the long steep inclines, so I could open up a bit more, so I cracked on eastward to the second cairn.
 

Turning there, I was into the wind all the way back, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue - coming back up to the first cairn I did get pushed back to almost no forward movement however!
Coming down the steep sections at a reasonable pace, I think I surprised a lot of the casual walkers out there that I could go that fast safely!



But the MCs took it all in comfortably, and as I got to some of the less severe gradients, my grin grew along with my pace.
Well worth getting out for. Sometime, maybe late summer, I think I'm going to have to attempt a cross country run from Lennoxtown to Gargunnock - it'd be 23 miles from Milton of Campsie round through North Third & cutting round through Cambusbarron on the road, so its gonna be a reasonable effort.

1 comment: