Saturday 28 January 2012

Campsies in the Snow


I woke up this morning, took a look at the window at the frost on my windscreen and decided that road cycling was not for me. I then looked up at the Campsies and the snow on them, and got a bit more excited.

Heavily layered up, I headed off from the car park up the back of Lennoxtown on the crow road, climbing and traversing to the east. The initial climb was a bit sketchy, as the hard frosty ground gave very little grip for the Mudclaws on the steep incline, and since the first patches of snow were little more than slivers of ice, there was no helping me there, but was I did get into the snow properly, there was more than enough traction.

It was a gorgeous day up there; the sun was shining and snow was fresh. Its intersting how just a little bit of elevationcan bring you above the clouds - I was only 400m above sea level, but I was looking down at the clouds that were covering Glasgow as I continued my run in a little bit of winter's sun.

4km run out along the (little) tops and then back again. Fantastic way to spend the day.

It doesn't take long to drive up there from my flat and once there, I can run off into the coutryside and blessed isolation. Its not something that I should allow myself to take for granted.

I ran the last 2km listening to assorted tracks from Devin Townsend's album Ghost. Gloriously mellow music that deserves to be listened to and fits whenever I'm in the countryside (except maybe during storms)
Kawaii
Texada


Clouds beginning to cover Glasgow

Almost there


Where did the city go?
Lonely Cairn
You could just go dissapear for a few hours out here

Tail end of the low clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment