Saturday 18 February 2012

Back on the Bike

First time on the bike in far too long, and while it showed, in that I didn't have the stamina for a long ride there were many good points:

The Adamo saddle looks to have been a good investment.
It wasn't as comfortable on the sit bones as my last saddle, but the pressure (or lack of) round the family jewels gives me a much bigger range of positions on the bike. It also feels like I've set the saddle height and position better, as the hips felt open, loose and relaxed. I have high hopes.

Hill climbing technique is still improving.
I give a lot of credit to Alasdair Marshall's hill session before Christmas. The skills I learnt there have been supported by my yoga practise and off road hill running, which feel like they've added plenty of power in my legs, to make this improvement. Just need to do more & regularly.

For the bike, I need saddle time.
It felt relatively comfortable today on the bike so I didn't push it too hard, just steady, and I know its going to be better.

I ran steady off the bike.
Following a 30km bike, I ran a steady 11km out to Maryhill and back. Again, nothing brutal, nothing fast, just a tempo run to see how my legs were holding up and to get some km's into the legs. My cardio wasn't an issue, but legs need more miles in them.

So, topped off with a long stretching session and a soak in the bath, it was a very good day!

This afternoon's blog is brought to you by:
Aerosmith: Back in the Saddle
The Blazing Saddles Theme Song

No comments:

Post a Comment