Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday Run

Yesterday I wussed out of cycling, which was handy as it turned out as my new Adamo saddle turned up, even though I'd put delivery address as my work. I need to play with it and tweak the seating position, but on first trial, I can get into an aero position or down onto the drops without the same level of pain as on other saddles.

This morning, I woke with a bit of a drooth on & a smidgen of a hangover, which wasn't going to be the best for running on. Follow that up with a foolish mistake thinking that the run session started at 9:30 rather than 9, and there was a temptation to just hit the hay, but instead I drove round to Bishopbriggs Leisuredrome, parked up and went for a run along the canal to Kirkintilloch. Given the club run had planned to be 13.5km and I need to be upping my milage to prepare for Lochaber Marathon in April, this needed to be the minimum distance.

With still, crisp air and plenty of layers on, it was a rather pleasant run out past Kirkie and back, though I slowed towards the later part of the run as my back felt like it was tightening in the cold and my energy levels in the hungover state were nse diving.

I'm quite pleased with how I managed to pace myself and not push it on too hard, as can be seen in my heartrate profile throughout. I finished at just short of the 16km mark, though had I been properly fueled, I could've easily carried on for a while longer.

Tonight I plan to go to a swimming lesson, to pull my technique right back to the basics, so that I can start to develop on good foundations. There will be a bit of suspending my ego, but I reckon it'll be well worth it!

Today's Run was brought to me by the following albums:

Devin Townsend Project: Ghost
Faithless: Forever Faithless (best of album)
Devin Townsend Project: Addicted
Strapping Young Lad: City

No comments:

Post a Comment