Sunday 12 February 2012

Much More Enjoyable

I had wanted to go with the club for the long run this morning, but chose to leave the alarm alone and sleep as long as my body wanted to. After a much needed long lie in, I looked out the window to see low clouds. Boooooo, campsie running in heavy clouds wouldn't be so much fun. But wait a minute, that was quite a low layer and theres a higher layer, so I should be above it on my favourite off road route, eh? And right enough, once I suited and booted & drove out, I was nicely above it so off I went.

Initially I had planned to go out for 2 hours, but with the cold still lingering in my chest, early on decided to knock it back to 1hr 20. There were some patches of ice still hanging on, but for the most part the ground was just wet and slippy, in other words, exactly what I was looking for to put a big grin on my face!!!

So I ran up and out for just over 40 minutes, then back in a little over 30 (what with there being a significant

Its lovely out there, the undulating earth with the brown grasses calling seductively at me to just keep running off over the horizon and teh more I'm up there, the further I want to run and the more trails I want to follow. I'm starting to build loops in my head for when I feel stronger running distances off road (and off trail quite a bit up there) rather than the out & back I've been doing, so there is loads to keep me going back).

Really, there is something amazing about streaming down a really steep hill, putting faith in the little bits of rubber strapped to your feet to stop you rolling head over heels. Its liberating.

I ran out today without music and put the headphones on to bring me home, and got some fantastic tunes on shuffle to help eat up the miles underfoot. This afternoons blog is brought to you by those banging choons:
Faithless Tarantula
Pendulum Tempest

I hit this section of Tempest as I topped a rise, which produced the most amazingly fun descent of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment