Friday 3 February 2012

Cold, Dark Evenings, Not So Lonely A Run

So my plan of spending the evening on the sofa watching a dvd somehow transformed into a steady 8km run followed by a fantastic pasta dinner with more veggies than you can shake a stick at. And I ate courgettes without complaing. Cheers Lexy!

I noticed a few things this evening; we ran a reasonable, steady pace that a year ago I could not've maintained and held the conversation we did this evening; I'd've been rather wiped out, rather than today where I could've done the whole thing again.
Running in cushioned shoes is a bit like running blind - switched over to the Supernovas tonight to break them in for marathon training, but there is frustratingly little feedback from the road. I may try Sunday's 13.5 k run in my Inov-8 Road X 255s.
My altering of running style is showing improvements in my calves! My inner calves are firming up when once theywere soggy.

In short, I've improved.

Go forth to youtube
Record Breakers theme tune




-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment