Tuesday 13 March 2012

Better Back

So I came back from an intensive weeks training in Fuertaventura, to the cold, cold weather of Scotland. Within an hour of being sat at my desk last Thursday my back had seized up & I was in a not insignificant amount of pain (I was a grumpy bugger that Thu/Fri, I tell ya!). It was something that had started prior to Fuertaventura, due to poor posture at the desk in particular I feel, but I just put off dealing with it, figuring that I could get it sorted along with all the other niggles I was likely to pick up over the holidays.

Yeah, it was a mistake.

It took a significant session at the massage in Saturday to release all the trigger points (thanks a million Nicola!), and I followed this up with a swim on Sunday night then yoga last night. In both cases I took it way easier than normal, as gentle recovery sessions, stopping & resting if things were feeling fatigued, and they have continued to release tension from the back. Along with ensuring I've been getting away from teh desk more the last couple of days, everything feels to be on the way back to normal. I just now need to continue with teh improvements in seated posture, as well as the better stroke I've been working onand continuing with the regular stretches. I find it too easy at times to go "oh, its stopped hurting" and slip back into bad habits.

Must do better.

Tonights blog is brought to you by:
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden - Revelations (Bruce Dickinson with a guitar on stage!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment