Saturday 17 March 2012

Job Well Done

Today I went out with the target of being on the bike for around 3 to 3:30 hrs, and getting 60 to 80km in. IN the end, I went 82km in 3:40.

Job Done.

Thanks to Alan & Duggie who cycled round with me, and Ewan, James & Craig who we met on the Crow

Today's cycle wasn't about speed, it was about getting a reasonable length of time in the saddle, as time in saddle is something I need top be building up over the next 16 weeks (gulp!). At the end of the ride, I felt I could've done more; I finished at Strathblane but rather than taking the cycle home to push over the 100km mark, I opted for a lift. Why? Because my legs felt OK, but were starting to tire, and that last push home may have been enough to knacker me, so I decided to quit while I was ahead, and leave myself in a position to safely do my long, slow run tomorrow. Looking at 2hrs15 there I think.

Other good things:  I'm feeling stronger up hills. I had great fun up the top of the Crow. I can go faster than I realise. Down hills are fun :)

Tonight's blog comes to you with:
Machine Head The Rage to Overcome
The Doors Light My Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment