Thursday 8 March 2012

Return To Reality

I'm back from my training week in Fuertaventura, and man, I had a blast! It was a week of sunshine and exercise spent with good friends and new friends.

For anyone looking for a cycling holiday, you could do a lot worse than Fuertaventura in the off season. The resort was fairly quiet and there wasn't that much traffic on the roads, and what roads they were! Mile after mile of the kind of tarmac you can only dream of cycling round Glasgow

I may go into detail about it in another post, but for now, all I can say is coached swimming sessions every day have greatly improved my technique (though as always theres a long way ot go with it still), Torquil is a bike god for sorting out my front derailleur mech enough to enable me to ride through, I'm seeing continual improvement on my ability to cycle up hills and I need to start increasing the distance of my runs & rides.

Think that was a great way to reinvigorate the old training regime in advance of Roth.

Tonights blog is brought to you by
Sick of it All - Return To Reality
Sick of it All - Can't Wait To Quit
Ozzy Osbourne - Over The Mountain
Metallica - Fade To Black

No comments:

Post a Comment