Thursday 21 July 2011

My Bathroom Smells of Neoprene

And do you know what that means? That I'm getting out and using my wetsuit regularly, and that's just great. As an ever improving swimmer, one thing that has always held me back has been how uncomfortable I sometimes feel in the water - getting splashed in the face while rotating to breathe or coming into contact with someone in the water would panic me a little & I'd lose my rythmn, so I'd drop into breaststroke for a bit to settle down until I was ready to get back into the crawl. The growing crowd at the open water swim sessions has helped a lot there (alongside my improving technique of course!) as more and more I get to swim with people around me, catching feet, getting feet tagged, bumping into sides, etc, and yesterday none of these things caused me to panic & have to reset. And that is why this morning the smell of neoprene is the smell of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment