Saturday 30 July 2011

Theres More To Loch Lomond than The Maid Of The Loch

Seeing how as it was a glorious day, and I had a barbeque to attend on the shores of Loch Lomond, there was only one thing for it this morning - to get up and head out early to get a cheeky wee run in first!
I got myself up to Sallochy around about 11, and from there ran along the West Highland Way to Rowardennan - its a truely beautiful place to run. After a short chill out to take some photos, I was back on my feet & on my way back to Sallochy. Must admit though, wasn't digging those climbs today (plus some of the downhills were a bit sketchy as I was wearing my normal road running shoes rather than trail ones). Still, I did it & raised a good sweat in the process.
Back at the car, everyone else started turning up for the barbeque, but seeing how as we were lochside, the triathlete in me had to finish the session by donning my wetsuit and getting a swim in. The water was glorious & at that temperature, I didn't need the wetsuit, but it is fun to play about in the water with the extra bouyancy!

For anyone thats interested, the bay I was swimming in was just round to the north of the Sallochy carpark on the east shore, and you can walk out quite a fair way before it gets deep, though there are plenty of cans and bottles littering the loch bed unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment