Thursday 21 July 2011

Splish, Splash

Third day swimming in a row, back up to Loch Lomond for a wee zip round the triangle, then beach & back (I'll have to put a map up later for anyone that hasn't done the swim), and you know what? It felt really good. Certain aspects of my stroke are starting to come into place plus I'm feeling much stronger. Think I have to work on my shoulders a bit, stretching & strengthening the muscles, as my right in particular can be a bit niggly - feels like the rotator cuff is getting a bit sore if I overuse it, or sleep on my side, and the joint can feel a wee bit clicky at times. As long as I'm sensible though, its OK.
So basically, all the coaching is paying off, I'm getting short periods of an almost effortless, powerful stroke, so I know what I'm looking for and I've got plenty of time over the winter to work on it - I've got a long way to go on it, but when I feel those moments of power, I know I can do it.

If you've ever doubted you can swim, get yourself some lessons, get going regularly and get yourself fitter.

This is my challenge:
http://www.challenge-roth.com/en/
Whats yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment