Wednesday 2 November 2011

Chicken Soup

I sit here tonight writing this blog frustrated. Following on from the Southside 6 my cold came back, leaving me wiped out all week, so I've been behaving, having early nights & putting minimum stress on my body to try and let it clear. I missed swimming last night, and yoga Monday and tonight to give me the total rest. I'm hoping I'll feel up to a gentle run tomorrow, and if so will join in the club session, though since it'll be the hills again, I'll just be turning at the first cone everytime, taking it very easy
I want shot of this cold. I want to be training and I want to out there enjoying myself. Mostly, I want to be ready to put in a god showing in Bellahouston park a week on Sunday for the 10k. Since I signed up for it, its been a burning focus for me, a way to mark the end of my season, signalling an active rest month before the Roth program begins, with the full belief that I could take a chunk of time off of my Edinburgh 10k time. Right now the way I'm feeling, and the way I felt on Sunday, I've lost a lot of the confidence I had in the past month that I'll be ready to do that. With careful preparation of my body, this confidence will also return however.

Its already edging back in though, along with the desire to run at 100% & leave nothing in reserve.

The feeling of the air rushing past.

The breath heaving in and out of my lungs.

Legs and arms pumping in sync.

Run tall! Run strong! Run hard!

It could be fucking awesome... :)

Tonights blog was brought to you by a stonking big bowl of of chicken & sweetcorn soup, Amy MacDonald's Run and Amon Amarth's Cry of the Black Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment