Sunday 6 November 2011

More fun at Glentress

Whats not to love about today? The sun was shining in the sky & I only needed to wear 2 layers (is it really November??). There was a great squad of mates. There was bikes, food & hot drinks. And there was fun.

So I had my moments of choking, and verging on hissy fits (though I was normally fine by the timne I caught up with everyone). I bottled out of the Spooky Wood & opted to go the rest of the Blue route by myself, but in doing so, I began to relax properly, taking my own time & not worrying about holding folks up and it started to come together. I bottled out of too many corners, but the grin came properly back and I felt comfortable all the way back down to the bottom car park (though, again, I bottled out of the bridge & slowed right down for some of the small jumps). It did mean, however, after a thoroughly pleasant break at the Hub Cafe (its a crying shame that its shutting down, as the other cafe, while a nice building, just does not have that decking & that fantastic wee view, and has a bit of a soulless scool canteen vibe), when we went up to have a fun wee blast back down several parts of the blue run, I knew where I was going, I knew what to expect so I could just go for it (still sketchy on a few corners mind) and actually attacked (for me) a few of the bumps and jumps, the grin getting bigger and bigger all the way down. Totally awesome.

So yeah, big picture, learning this mountain bike malarky is going to give me so much more confidence in my ability to control a bike, its making me more aware of my body on the bike & its forcing me to work the core to stay stable & balanced. Grinding up the hills has me working the pedals a bit more efficiently.

Always onwards!

Always better!

Tonights blog is brought to you by This Will Destroy You's The World is Our _______ Its not heavy, its instrumental and teh album cover has a bear with a house on its back. Whats not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment