Tuesday 8 November 2011

It Nears! It Nears!

Seasons end approaches!!

Following my utter disaster at the Southside 6 (no one can accuse me of over overstating things, can they?), I had a week of nursing my cold and doing little more than a bit of stretching and (unsurprisingly) the rest has done the trick I reckon, though I will reserve judgement on whether I'm properly fit to do the Bellahouston 10k on Saturday at full pelt until after Thursdays run session, which I intend to complete at a reserved pace.

I had a cracking time out at Glentress on Sunday, though I still felt the lingering effects of the cold, a great yoga session last night to stretch out the muscles after the afore mentioned ride (and I nailed a Headstand/Sirsasana Pose for the first time unaided last night, yes! Work that core!), then a reasonable effort in the pool tonight - I started out feeling bushed, fatigue or the tail end of the the cold or just the lack of exercise the last week had me feeling drained. After the warm up, I felt worse, but as the drills progressed, I felt some strength come back with the confidence. Always, always, always I have sooooo much more to learn, but its slowly improving.


So, the plan is more yoga tomorrow, run session Thursday, chill on Friday, race on Saturday. And if I'm not feeling it, I can always go do the mountain biking skills in Pollok Park with the club, eh?


Tonight's blog is brought to you by Ziltoid, Color Your World and The Greys
You may not believe this (particularly after the first couple of minutes) but Color Your World is a rather introspective song and turns rather delicate about 03:56. It starts building to epic from about 7:50 too. And the Greys? Thats just a magnificent chill out song after the climax of Color Your World

Question your reality. We are all puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment