Saturday 19 November 2011

Practice Makes Better

Seeing how as my cornering is shocking, after rooting around on youtube, I came across mtbtips video on balancing for corners, so after I'd got myself muddy blitzing (or nervously edging mayhaps) round the blue run a couple of times in Pollok Park, I got myself onto a flat patch of grass and went round and round in circles & figures of eights. And round. And round. And round. My circles were fairly wide, but I started getting them a bit smaller. It was weird though - I'd done a big circle, then switched into a smaller one for the other part of the figure of eight, but coming back to the first, I couldn't make it any smaller!
Still, when I got back home, I had another wee shot, and found that my turning circle on teh road was fantastically improved because I was starting to get a better body position.

Pollok park also turned out to be great for randomly bumping into people I know. Cooool.

This evenings post is brought to you by NIN's The Downward Spiral

No comments:

Post a Comment