Friday 5 August 2011

Do The Maths, Sean

First up, I want to point out that in no way is this a complaint, last nights run session was fantastic and exactly what I needed. In saying that, taking 20 or 30 meters off each of the 12 laps then adding 6 is (being generous) removing 1 of last weeks laps then adding 5 and a half new ones. I wasn't fooled. Instead I was pushedand enjoyed myself.

Similar set to last week, though we did 1 lap on 2:30 then 2 on 5:00 finishing with 3 laps on 7:30 with an extra minute before starting again, and then again. So yeah, we didn't have to walk back to the start line, and yeah, we got 5 to 10 seconds extra rest, I will give you that.

Anyways, once again I felt I paced myself pretty well, most laps coming in aroun 1:53 to 1:58, so probably around the 4min/km mark, which if I can start to string it together will lead me to one of my goals of a sub 40min 10km run.

Right now, that feels very possible, though there are a few things I need to work on to make it easier - my glutes & hips need stretching out as they tend to tighten up and its where I'm feeling it the most when I'm running, I need to relax more as I have a habit of tensing up if I get a little out of breath, which just makes my posture worse, if I can get my hips better stretched I can get them further forward and more into the 'falling forward' way where I can let gravity pull me along and I need to get my ankles more flexible to aid this too. I've made great gains in this running malarky, but as you can see above, I've got plenty more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment