Sunday 28 August 2011

Inspirational Sunsets

Wow. As I was sitting down to write tonights blog, I got a sunset like no other I've seen while living in this flat. So good I sat on the window sill for 20 minutes watching it. Amongst the glorious golden light I could see out to the campsies, the trees and allotments below me, out across the city and beyond towards Bute and track the flocks of birds flying around. Its amazing how something like that can still keep me in awe of the world we live in and brush away my troubles and cares. As I sat watching, I thought about how lucky I am to be in the position I am to be training for something like Challenge Roth and how in embracing triathlon, I've embrace nature and life around me and in the last year (and the year to come) more importantly than transforming my body, I'm also transforming my life. For years I talked about how I missed the countryside and should get out more, now I just jump on the bike & in 10 minutes I'm out on a country road with fresh air filling my lungs. I've spent hours of my life sat trawling the TV for worthless dross & now portioning & reducing what I watch. Hell I haven't played a game on the PS3 for around about a year, nor do I have any real desire to. I have more important things to do now and I will continue to pick away at these strings that hold me back as I move onwards, releasing myself to become more of the man I want to be.


Golden Sunset View from Casa De Colm

So my planned blog is no more, its irrelevant after that, there is nothing to analyse, because its all been washed away.

My soundtrack for this stunning show by nature was the album Hymn to the Immortal Wind by Mono, gloriously swelling music to stir the soul, beautiful and epic, and if you follow one of my links form this blog, please, please follow this one, then go find the rest of the album tracks: Follow the Map

Normal service will resume later.

No comments:

Post a Comment