Wednesday 17 August 2011

Garmin & Caravan

First up, after 1 shot of it, I love my Garmin Forerunner 305. I did a cheeky wee 5k run there and tried to pace myself to what I'm aiming for my half marathon on saturday, rather than my normal running at my balls out 10k pace. With the immediate feedback I was getting from this awesome little gizmo I could pull back from my natural tendency to creep towards the red zone and actually establish a pace that I could comfortably hold for a sustained period, so that I finished my 5k in about 27 minute and while I was breathing a bit heavy, within 30 seconds of stopping I was breathing normally. I figure I'll look to start off at a similar pace on Saturday and look to wind it up a later on in the race.

Secondly, a great by product of doing triathlons is that I'm actually getting out into the country more. After I'd signed up for this race, I decided as I was in dire need of a couple of days off work to chill out, so my folks kindly agreed to park their caravan up in Aberfeldy for me, so I'm typing this up on my phone as I chill with the gorgeous views around me. Tomorrow I'll mibbies have a cheeky wee run first thing round the golf course then I'm going to cycle to pitlochry to get some new cleats for my shoes. Then I'll mibbies just sit around and read, or possibly go for a swim. Who knows? Its all good :)

Todays blog is brought to you by the song Scene by Envy. Gorgeous building guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment